To ensure that the needs of at-risk boys are met into the future, Rancho San Antonio has established a planned giving program.
Planned gifts are made in the form of assets. While financial planning for each donor is different, this option may provide significant tax and income advantages.
Planned giving opportunities include:
- Life Insurance Proceeds
- Real Estate
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD)
To complete a qualified charitable distribution from an IRA to a charity, the IRA owner must:
- Already be age 70 1/2 on the date of distribution.
- Submit a distribution form to the IRA custodian (bank), requesting that the check be made payable directly to the charity.
- Ensure that no tax withholding is being done from the QCD to the charity (as the money must actually go to the charity to qualify, and as a non-taxable distribution no withholding should be necessary).
- Send the check directly to the charity, or to the IRA owner to be forwarded along to the charity
Brother John Crowe welcomes your questions at 818-882-6400 X113.