Complex trauma refers to a type of trauma that is chronic, repetitive, and often interpersonal in nature, leading to significant disruptions in one’s sense of safety, trust, and identity.
“People who have endured complex trauma are like dandelions: incredibly resilient, of much greater worth than is often realized, and able to find ways to adapt and survive despite overwhelming circumstances and seemingly insurmountable adversity.”Complex Trauma Training and Treatment Network
Rancho has been selected as a Complex Trauma Training Consortium (CTTC) site to provide an array of complex trauma training throughout the Greater Los Angeles metropolitan and Southern California areas. The Complex Trauma Training Consortium (CTTC) is a national trainer-training and workforce development initiative that will establish sustainable expertise in complex trauma understanding, assessment, and treatment within each of the 50 US states, the 5 territories, DC, and the four largest US metropolitan areas.
The Complex Trauma Training Consortium (CTTC) is a project supported by the National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative (NCTSI) awarded to Adelphi University through the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSA), Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS), in partnership with the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN), Adelphi University, The University of Chicago, and Alaska Behavioral Health.
Who will this training benefit?
- Trauma specialty service settings and providers
- Prevention and early-intervention programs
- Outpatient, community-based, residential, and inpatient services and settings
- Child and family welfare and child protective service systems
- Transitional living or shelter-based settings – homeless and runaway, domestic violence, intimate partner violence, etc.
educational settings (schools, universities, etc)
- Judicial and correctional systems
- Law-enforcement and first responder organizations
- Substance use programs
- Businesses and corporations
- Faith communities, clergy, and religious organizations
- Mind-body and wellness services